State Bank of India or SBI has a very simple procedure for opening a bank account with them. You can either visit the bank with all the required documents and open your bank account, or you can even download the account opening form from the official website of the State Bank of India. You just need to fill in all the details and submit the application form along with relevant documents. It will hardly take a few hours to two days for the completion of the account opening process.
Generate SBI ATM PIN Through SMS
Once you are done with the account opening, you have to wait for the debit card to reach your home by courier or post. After the debit card is received, you will receive a PIN after a few days due to some security reasons, and these two are never sent together. Once you receive these two, you will have to visit your nearest SBI ATM for theSBI ATM pin generation process. Or you will have to get in touch with customer care, and with the help of IVR, you will be able to set a new PIN for your ATM Card. But this was the procedure that was followed earlier. Now you have another option of where you need not have to wait for the Green PIN to arrive by post. You can get the temporary PIN on your registered mobile number. This is part of their paperless PIN generation process, and it is the most popular method as well.
So, if you wish to know how can I get my SBI ATM pin by SMS, then this article is going to help you with the right process. The process is quite simple and can be done by anyone.
Here is what you will need to generate SBI ATM PIN by SMS:
- Your debit Card
- Your SBI account number
- Mobile phone with the number that you registered at the bank while opening the account.
Steps to follow for SBI ATM pin generation through SMS:
- If you have all that is mentioned above, then you should first send an SMS to 567676 from the registered mobile number.
- The SMS format has to be PIN <space> XXXX <space> YYYY. Here XXXX stands for the last four digits of your SBI debit card that you received, and the YYYY has to be the last four digits of your SBI account number. For example, if the last four digits of your account number are 6789 and the last four digits of your debit card are 1234, then you will have to send SMS in the format PIN 1234 6789 to 567676.
- Once you complete this process, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number, which is SBI PIN generation SMS. The SMS has an OTP or a temporary PIN that you will have to use at the SBI ATM for generating your SBI debit card PIN.
- This SMS that you receive on your registered mobile number is valid for just 48 hours, and so you will have to make sure that you are visiting your nearest ATM within 48 hours.
- You should visit the ATM and insert your debit card into the ATM. You should now select a language feasible for you and enter the temporary PIN that you have received on your registered mobile number.
- If you enter the correct PIN, then you will be prompted to enter a new PIN of your choice. You will have to enter the new PIN twice in order to confirm the PIN. Your new SBI ATM debit card PIN has been set, and you can now use your card at any ATM without any worries.
So, isn’t the process simple? You can do it at any SBI ATM near to you. You need not have to visit the branch where you have opened your account. But you need to make sure that you are completing this process only at the SBI ATM as it is not possible to do it at any other bank ATM. Creating a new SBI account and generating an ATM PIN are simple. It can be completed in just a few minutes if you have an SBI ATM nearby.
SBI (State bank of india) has issued some important guidelines/safety tips which help you to secure your money when you ATM Transactions. Do read the Safety tips for ATM transactions here after you done reading guide for sbi atm pin generation through sms.