Vodafone Idea, that is VI is among the largest telecom services providers in India. Be it prepaid or postpaid, VI has been continuously receiving new connections every day. And in this situation, SIM activation proves to be an essential step towards getting a new network connection with VI. Again, existing customers can also look for a new SIM card in case of loss or damage to the existing SIM card. Another situation of SIM card activation is when you are looking to improve your network connection or want to upgrade from a 3G connection to a 4G connection.
Are you also among the new customers looking for different ways to VI activation number? Here is how you can activate a new or existing connection with VI.
Activating New VI SIM card via Phone
Yes, you can activate a postpaid connection by using the VI SIM activation number with ease. Here are the steps you need to follow for activating your vi mobile number.
- Dial the Vodafone SIM Activation Number along with the Indian activation code 59059.
- Follow the instructions you receive on the call.
- Enter your account information and identification information through the dial keypad.
- Wait for around 24 hours for your SIM card to get activated.
Once you start receiving calls and text messages, it also means your SIM card is activated.
Activating New VI SIM Card via VI-Stores
The new users of VI can also opt for VI SIM verification prepaid number by visiting the VI store. For this, here are the steps you need to carry out.
- Check the official website of VI.
- Go to the Locator page.
- Search for the nearby VI store.
- Visit the store and submit all the required documents like address proof and ID proof copies along with one passport-sized photograph.
- Talk to the store representative about any technical issues to deal with for activating the new SIM Card.
Once you submit all the documents, you shall receive the new SIM card which would get activated within a few hours. Once you receive texts and call on the new SIM Card, it is ready to use.
Activating New VI SIM card via SMS
This method is the easiest method to activate a new SIM card. It can be used by both postpaid and prepaid SIM Card users. The entire process of activation is carried out by sending an SMS. Here is the step-by-step method to activate your SIM card.
- Check the backside of the SIM card cover for a 19 or 20-digit SIM card number (SIMEX number).
- Using the new SIM Card, send this SIMEX number to VI tele verification number, that is 55199.
- Shortly, you shall receive an SMS from the same number and the message would have the last 6 digits of the SIM card mobile number missing.
- Send this missing 6 digits back to the number 55199 (make sure you send this number within 2 hours of receiving the message).
Once you send this message, you shall receive an SMS of successful registration and your SIM Card would get activated in around 20 minutes. Insert the SIM card in Slot 1 and select LTE/4G in the network setting section. Your uninterrupted VI services are ready to use.
Activating a New SIM Card
Yes, to your surprise, the customers can now get their SIM card activated and delivered at home without visiting the VI Store. For this, the customers need to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of VI.
- Go to the SIM Delivery page.
- Enter required details like name, alternative mobile number, address, city, etc..
- Enter SIM Activation.
Once you have selected SIM activation online, you shall receive the SIM card at home by a delivery person from VI. On receiving the SIM card, you need to activate the SIM card by calling the VI verification number 59059. You can also ask the delivery person to help you in activating the SIM card.
VI deactivates any number if it is not in use for a long period. If the user wants to activate the deactivated SIM card again, this can be done by calling the customer care services for the activation process. The customers can also visit the VI Store for activating the SIM Card.
Also Read :-
- Increase Network Speed in Airtel 4G
- Airtel APN Settings 4g
- Jio Free Data Miss Call Number
- Slow Speed Solution for Airtel