A country like India, which has a booming population and where all the major cities are connected through road, faces many traffic issues due to its population. The government is trying everything to make road travel smoother and hassle-free.
One of its great initiatives is FASTag, which allows collecting toll tax without human intervention. SBI FASTag KYC online also makes it a rapid procedure, as it is automated. It helps in reducing the traffic problems by a bit. It has drastically reduced the frequency of long queues at toll plazas all over the country as almost all plazas have a FASTag lane on the highway.
Documents required for SBI FASTag KYC
You will need various documents along with photocopies. Here is the list for your reference:
- Aadhar Card
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Pan Card
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Passport size photograph of the person(multiple photographs mandatory)
How does SBI FASTag work?
The transaction takes place very swiftly at a FASTag lane at the toll plaza are as follows
- When it passes through the lane, the radio frequency identification will scan the details pasted on the windshield, wherever it is affixed.
- After scanning, a request for the required payment will be sent to your bank which then will automatically pay them in a matter of seconds. The toll amount will be deducted and you will get an SMS alert.
- After completing the payment, the car is allowed to pass through the toll.
Steps To Update FASTag KYC Online
- Owners already who have activated them through the point of sale location of the State Bank of India should have submitted the Know Your Customer documents have been mentioned above.
- After activation recharge is required for its use.
- Visit the official website for further steps.
- On the site, use your mobile number to log in and can connect to UPI.
- After connecting that UPI with a bank, you can recharge it anytime and from any place.
- Limited SBI FASTag KYC holders can transfer up to ten thousand rupees full KYC holders can recharge it up to one lakh rupees.
- To update any kind of change like including another vehicle, you need another SBI FASTag KYC online account and need to repeat all the process.
- it is available for use for five years.
Also Read – How to Activate SBI Debit Card ATM PIN Online?
Benefits SBI FASTag
- Cashless transactions: It may not be possible for someone to carry the exact amount of the toll, or you may have cash of a bigger amount. This process makes it faster as it only takes few seconds for the whole process. Also, recharging can be done without involving any bank officials or a business person.
- SMS alerts: Whenever you pay toll at a fast lane plaza, you will receive a message of the toll paid that was deducted from the FASTag wallet.
- Saves time: You don’t need to always have enough time in hand. Sometimes there can be emergencies, or you got delayed already due to prior traffic on the highway. Hence the use of the word ‘Fast’ in FASTag.
- Offers: To promote this kind of this transaction method, the government gives cashback for every payment done using FASTag wallet.
Limitations of SBI FASTag
- Joining the blacklist: You can get a blacklist for two days in case of transaction error due to the non-availability of funds in your wallet and aren’t allowed to use the fast lane for those two days. For reactivating it, contact the National Highways Authority of India and they will do the needful, and update your status and remove you from the blacklist.
- Problem in scanner: There could be a hardware problem regarding the scanner that scans the tags on the vehicle. It can malfunction or the sensors or the lens of the scanner might be dirty due to moisture or dirt. Sometimes they don’t have the power and need to be recharged after certain hours.
- Optical issues: Along with the dirt, your tag might not be detected due to the car being far away from the scanner or too close to focus on the tag. This could also be an issue as you can still have vehicle traffic behind you and they all will be needed to go backward and there could be communication issues regarding it
- Mistakes by humans: Due to being late, sometimes, people who don’t have FASTag, are also in the fast lane.