Want to change your BSNL Sim and port to Jio? You can do it easily! Reliance Jio mobile network provides attractive offers and features to the customers. It is currently one of the leading telecom operators in our country. Jio offers competitive, valuable, and extra facilities to its subscribers, at a reasonable price. Plus, there are several amazing Jio from BSNL port offers provided by the company as well. You can get access to the free features like watching Jio TV for free and many more, once you port your existing BSNL Sim to Jio. Continue reading to know the process of BSNL to Jio Port and the perks of being a Jio wireless subscriber.
How to port BSNL to Jio?
The process of porting a BSNL Sim to Jio is quite easy and quick. You just have to fulfil some necessary requirements, provide your authentic documentation proofs, and follow a brief process of sending a porting request. That’s all you need to do and your BSNL sim will be ported to Jio.
Eligibility criteria to port BSNL to Jio
There are a few prerequisites for availing of Jio mobile number portability services. In order to port BSNL to Jio, you have to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The current network operator has to be used for at least or more than 90 days after a recent porting. No request will be processed for a change of ownership of the mobile number during these 90 days.
- Customers have to clear all their pending contractual obligations (if any) with their existing Telecom Brand i.e., BSNL.
- For a postpaid mobile connection, you have to clear your outstanding dues to the verified telecom service provider. In the case of a prepaid connection, the customer has to be ready to renounce any previous balance.
Documents required for the MNP
You need to have these documents ready, once you decide to port your BSNL Sim to Jio:
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Any valid address proof.
Note: For the verification of your address, any government-issued ID proof will work. It can be your Adhar card, Pan card, voter ID card, passport number, or Driving Licence. Moreover, you’ll also require a porting code (UPC) to complete the process. This code will be sent to you after you place the porting request by sending an SMS.
How to Convert BSNL SIM to Jio?
For BSNL port to Jio, follow these simple steps accordingly:
Step 1: First, send an SMS with the text <10-digit mobile number> to 1900 from the BSNL mobile number.
Step 2: After sending the SMS you will receive an SMS with the unique porting code. You have to complete the porting process before the validity date ends. (The validity for the UPC is up to 4 days. If you fail to complete the process within these 4 days, then, you’ll have to regenerate the UPC by again sending a porting request on 1900.)
Step 3: Next, you have to visit the nearest Jio store with your UPC. The Jio representative will guide you with further formalities and will hand over a new Jio Sim to you after the process completion.
Instructions: For KYC solemnity, bring all the required documents and submit your MNP application. A mobile number portability application can be submitted after providing the unique porting code and the KYC documents to the Jio store.
How much time will it take for BSNL to Jio Portability?
It will take around 3 business days to complete the porting process if the port request is from the same telecom circle. If the request is ported from another telecom circle then it will take about 5 business days. Before porting, you have to clear all the dues to the BSNL. Else your porting request will be denied. The BSNL SIM will work routinely till the process of porting is completed. You will not face any connectivity issues during the process of porting.
How to activate a Jio SIM Card after completing porting from BSNL?
To complete the verification process, first, call on 1977 from the new Jio SIM. Then a five-digit pin will be sent to your alternate mobile number. You have to enter the pin. Alternatively, the last 4 digits of your Aadhar Card/ Voter ID Card/ passport number are also applicable for the tele-verification.
Post-tele-verification, within two hours, the Jio SIM will be activated.
The benefit of Portability to Jio
In India, people prefer the Jio mobile network over other carriers. As it successfully fulfils the needs of the general customers. There are 379 million active Jio users in our country and 3.66 million wireless subscribers. In the 4G network, Jio remains on the top competing with other networks. Also, as of now, Jio is the number 1 telecom brand in India as per the Internet service providers.
Porting to Jio provides you with multiple facilities:
- You can access the best 4G network that is developed for internet usage and mobile videos.
- You can access 4G voice services that offer transparent HD voice and video calling.
- Unrivalled Jio 4G toll plans are simple, easy, and provide value to their
- The recharge plans of Jio are affordable for the customers.
- Jio prepaid plans provide maximum value for your money.
- You can watch the cinema, sports, and news for free on Jio TV and can play games on Jio
- Jio mobile network provides unlimited voice calls in India with a particular Jio recharge plan. People can call on free from anywhere in India.
We hope this article was useful for you to port BSNL to Jio. The process of porting gets completed in just 3 easy steps and you can avail of Jio Port offers, as soon as you port your existing BSNL Sim to Jio.
(For more updates on BSNL and Jio, keep visiting India Solv).